IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PLAYERS
Terms and conditions
All players must read, understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. By taking part in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition as either a player or spectator, you agree and are bound by the terms and conditions below. I also agree to abide by the Central Coast Volleyball League code of ethics which are below.
I in this document refers to the reader of the document being a player, participant or spectator or any other person involved with or taking part in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition.
I understand and agree that the Volleyball competition operated by Central Coast Volleyball League is a dangerous recreational activity with a significant risk of physical or mental injury including permanent disability and/or death to participants. Any such injury may result not only from my own actions but also from the action, negligence, or omission of other participants.
To be accepted as a participant in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition, I:
- Warrant that I am medically, physically and mentally fit and capable of participating in the volleyball competition run by Central Coast Volleyball League and all activities therein;
- Agree that I will abide by the rules and conditions of the volleyball competition including those in writing or given to me verbally and I agree at all times to comply with any such rules and conditions from any official, referee, staff member or assistant of Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Acknowledge the risk warning set out in bold and italics above and that the warning constitutes a risk warning pursuant to the section 5N of the Civil Liability Act, 2002 and I agree that I accept and assume all risks in connection with my participation in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition and acknowledge that Central Coast Volleyball League is not liable for any breach of any express or implied warranty for any services it provides;
- Waive, release and discharge any and all claims, rights or causes of action however arising including from an act of negligence or omission of any person, which I may otherwise have for, or arising out of the loss of my life, an injury or damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I suffer or incur as a result of, or in the course of my participation in the volleyball competition;
- Indemnify Central Coast Volleyball League and any person against any claim, right or cause of action howsoever arising including from any negligent act or omission of any person which I may have for, or arising out of the loss of my life, an injury or damage or loss of any description whatsoever and howsoever caused which I suffer or incur as a result of, or in the course of my participation in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition.
- Agree that paragraph 4 and 5 is in favour of Central Coast Volleyball League and its officials, referees, employees and directors, and shall so operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is a result of or attributable to the negligence or any act or mistake of any one or more of the people these paragraphs favour.
- Agree that the waiver, release and discharge contained in paragraph 4 above and the indemnity contained in paragraph 5 above may be pleaded as a complete bar to any claim, notice, demand, action, proceeding, litigation or judgment which has or may be brought or made or recovered against Central Coast Volleyball League or any other person;
- Acknowledge and agree that Central Coast Volleyball League liability under any statutory right or any condition or warranty implied by any State Fair Trading Act or the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) which cannot be lawfully excluded is, to the extent permitted by law, limited at the option of Central Coast Volleyball League to the refund of the registration fee paid to Central Coast Volleyball League by the applicant.
I unconditionally assign to Central Coast Volleyball League all rights, title and interest I may have in any and all photographic, video or audio recording of the applicant give to Central Coast Volleyball League permission to use, display, licence, sell and publish or otherwise deal with such material, including but not limited to putting the material on the Central Coast Volleyball League website. I also acknowledge and agree that any such material shall always remain the exclusive property of Central Coast Volleyball League.
- I permit any authorised Central Coast Volleyball League employee or official or assistant to arrange for medical attention for me or to transfer me to Gosford Public hospital or a similar hospital or medical centre if, in the opinion of that person, medical attention is needed or is likely to be needed.
- I agree that on transporting me to any hospital or medical facility Central Coast Volleyball League will have no further responsibility for me, or in respect of me.
- I agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care or attention and for the transportation of the applicant I agree to indemnify and to keep indemnified Central Coast Volleyball League for and in respect of any such costs incurred.
DECLARATION FOR MINORS
If I am under 18, my parent or guardian must read this on my behalf and give their permission and consent and is capable of giving same for me to participate in the Central Coast Volleyball League competition.
Code of ethics
- Always show courtesy and consideration to others and be aware that there are inherent and obvious risks in all recreational activities that can be reduced by the use of common sense, protective clothing and personal awareness. Such risks include but are not limited to being hit by the ball, colliding with the net, posts or referee stands, colliding with other players, damage to fingers and hands and other body parts while playing at the ball.
- Do not argue or unnecessarily debate refereeing decisions.
- Do not swear or show aggression to other participants, referees, officials or any other person.
- Do not intentionally throw or otherwise propel any object (including the volleyball) at any other person with the intention of hitting that player with the exception that during the normal course of play it is reasonable to hit or propel the volleyball at or to another player.
- Do not intentionally use your feet or any part of the body bellow the waist to kick or otherwise propel the volleyball.
- Between points, the ball should be safely handed to, or underarm passed to another player or official.
- Do not criticise the opposing team or supporters by word or gesture.
- Speak and act in a manner that will not reflect poorly upon yourself, your team or Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Set a good example in your personal appearance and comply with all reasonable dress standards as determined by Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Be proud to represent your team and Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Do not criticise your team mates performance, concentrate on your own. Winning is the result of Team work, and winning is not the only measure of success.
- Remember to thank your opponents and referees at the conclusion of your game.
- Comply with all reasonable directions of Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Encourage public recognition and support of Central Coast Volleyball League.
- Not consume or encourage the consumption of drugs, stimulants or other substances with a view to modifying or altering your growth or performance.
- Not consume or encourage the consumption of alcohol before or during your game.